Murmurs Of The Shameless In The Dark
I have never been quite able to figure certain people out. Call me simple but I reckon that some of these shady creatures are not as simple as we make them out to be. They could even be more eerie than "those that we don't speak of". As such, they might be compelled to find hideaous coveralls that provides more room than those flimsy red ones in "The Village", considering the amount of behind-your-back deeds they intend to carry out. I discovered this when a trusty buddy of mine let me in on some precious info that I missed out while he was present at a gathering in which I was supposed to be present too (but I've got more important things to do, like watching the NDP parade).
"Hey, you know, S mentioned something about you and your ex at our gathering? Damn funny man... Got the whole class laughing..." he broke the news to me unwittingly. S never quite gave me a good impression during college days. Being the smart girl that she is, she tends to know too much of info, most of them which rendered quite useless. Blessed with smouldering looks, crystal-like eyes and porcelain skin, she got the adrenaline of many males pumping whenever she passes by. She too managed to keep abreast (no pun intended) of the latest gossip or rumour with her female counterparts. The latest released by her happened to hit bestseller with my classmates but for me it was like a stab in the dark.
According to her reliable resources, her friend-cum-spy-cum-busybody reportedly witnessed me sending my ex-girlfriend home. This sounds suspicious as the last time I severed ties with my ex-girl was during ancient times and by releasing this piece of news only now, one can wonder how reliable and accurate her sources are. Following that, she claimed that I had instructed the taxi-driver to drop her off at the main road juncture and left her to walk the remaining journey back home. It put me in really bad light. If I was really the scrooge that she made me out to be, I would have invited my ex to walk all the way home. Or similarly, I could have brought S along to irritate the taxi driver with her blabber mouth till he gets so mad that he orders us off his vehicle. Considering her exclusive gossiping talent, I am certain that she can last me the entire journey from Orchard to Tuas.
Being the reasonable person that I am, I refrained myself from going into any personal battle with her. Instead, I gathered my thoughts, pondering over what could have caused such a fabricated and outlandish outburst from that girl. Three possible reasons surfaced:
a. She bore a grudge against me.
b. She began to resemble her new pet puppy, a female one at that.
c. She was not in the right state of mind when she spoke those words.
From what I figure, I suppose option C would be the most suitable explanation for her actions. Perfection has never been a known trait that existed within mankind. When our actions somehow go wrong, our state of mind becomes the axis of our little crime. It is never easy, whether controlling our thoughts, speech or action, especially when all these can affect interpersonal relationships. People say it is a jungle out there and jungle survival has never been more important. From this particular incident, all I can say is while we are out there, beware of a shady, hideaous creature in a red hood lurking among the trees. It may turn out to be a psychotic rumour-wielding person who is out to harm you... "Those that we don't speak of".

1 comment:
Post a Comment