Dedication to an Angel
David Tao wrote this song, dedicating it to a salesgirl he once met while travelling overseas. I became terribly inspired to do it in English, and to dedicate to a girl I have yet to meet but lost. Weird, but true. Its the kind of feeling that warms my heart when I see her, though non-physically but it is so surreal. Nonetheless, this angel has flown and left and this is for her...
I do not recognise the person in the mirror
All I see is a worn-out soul
I try to smile but my heart would not relent
Loneliness kept within me
Just like a lost sail in the stormy sea
Will I ever have the courage to leave the present me?
Angel, Angel
How I wish you'd be with me
Angel, Angel
Take my hand and never let go
Sometimes I feel no one can ever
Feel the pain that I do in my heart
Too afraid to face reality
Keeping to myself is my escape
I need an embrace, for I'm breaking into pieces
Drifting out alone, will someone out there find me?
Angel, Angel
How I wish you'd be with me
Angel, Angel
Do you hear me?
Will you wait for me?
Angel, Angel
Please I need you by my side
Angel, Angel
Please don't ever let go...

No comments:
Post a Comment